For immediate release
Cameraid 1.2 is now available. It is
the latest update to the digital photography and photo management
utility program for MacOS. The update is free to all registered
Cameraid 1.2 requires a
Macintosh with a 68020 or better processor, QuickTime, at least MacOS
System 7 and 2MB of available RAM.
Cameraid 1.2 is available on the web
The unregistered shareware version is
fully functional, but includes built-in delays and registration
reminders in some operations. The $15 registration fee (payable
through Kagi) will eliminate the delays and make working with
Cameraid faster and smoother.
The update is free of charge to
registers users of previous versions of Cameraid.
For more information on Cameraid,
please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Overview of Features
- View photos, including exposure
and camera information display.
- Lossless JPEG transforms (rotate,
mirror, transpose, optimize).
- Serial port downloads from many
popular digital cameras.
- Smart file renaming based on file
- Thumbnail generation.
- HTML Web page generator.
- Image enhancement expert for
making the best out of your photos with the minimum of
New in this Version
- Extremely fast display of large
JPEG images at scaled down sizes.
- Support for Quicktime movies.
Excellent for browsing through large movie collections.
- New and improved batch
- Several user interface
- Access to camera folders with
serial port downloads.
Extended Feature Overview
- Download images from digital
cameras to your computer:
- Works transparently in the
background, allowing you to continue working on your computer
while the images are downloading.
- Optional slide show to view
images as soon as each one has been downloaded.
- Smart rename patterns for
naming the images based on the time and date when the photo was
- Typically significantly faster
than bundled digital camera utility programs (up to twice as
- View and manipulate
- A very fast viewer, based on a
slide projector screen metaphor.
- Open up to thousands of images
and quicktime movies with drag and drop from the Finder.
- A unique grading system to
select "good" and "bad" images quickly using either full size
images or thumbnails.
- Sort files based on file
names, dates, file size and grade.
- Shows useful information about
digital camera files. A convenient way to find out what
exposure time and aperture was used for taking a photo and for
finding out exactly when the photo was taken. Supports all the
cameras mentioned above and any that use the Exif standard
(including cameras from Kodak, Ricoh and some Sony
- Use Cameraid as a sort of
transfer point to quickly open images in other application
either by drag and dropping or by using a simple, yet very
powerful and totally customizable shortcuts menu.
- Lossless JPEG transforms:
- Special code based on the
Independent JPEG group library allows Cameraid to operate on
JPEG images without degrading the image quality.
- Indispensable for rotating
portrait oriented photos from digital cameras to their proper
- Operations include: rotate 90
degrees, 180 degrees, transpose, transverse, flip horizontally
- The lossless Huffman stage of
JPEG images will be optimized to further reduce the size of the
image file without changing the actual image.
- Photos can be rotated to their
proper orientation while others are still being downloaded from
a digital camera. Watch the slide show and use keyboard
shortcuts to rotate the images as soon as they appear.
- Powerful batch operations:
- Copy files from flash memory
cards and then automatically delete the originals so that the
memory card can immediately be used again in a digital camera.
Combined with the shortcuts menu, Cameraid is all you need to
manage your flash memory cards.
- Automatically create simple
HTML web pages with thumbnail links to full size images.
- Rename existing files based on
their old names and the date and time when the photo was
- Add Finder custom icons and
- Automatic enhancement filters
to enhance your images to the maximum with minimal user
interaction. What used to take hours of manual labor can now be
done in minutes using a single batch operation.
- Progressive JPEG
- Convert JPEGs to uncompressed
24 bit PICTs.
- Convert any PICT files to
- Move selected photos to trash
or delete the files immediately.